E-COCO PRODUCTS UK
ORGANIC GROWING MEDIA FOR CONTAINER GROWN DWARF & POLE FRUIT.
The amazing thing about top fruit grafted on to dwarf rooting stock is that whilst the tree itself is small enough to grow in a container, the fruit itself is the same as grown on a full size tree. So apples and pears etc. can be easily grown on a sunny balcony or patio. But you cannot use just any growing media for container top fruit. It demands rich feeding and very crumbly soil with good drainage. We have put together just the formula they need. Ideally you should grow your dwarf top fruit in larger containers - at least 45cm diameter and 30cm deep.
This Top Fruit Growing Media Includes:
1. Cocopeat with natural rooting hormones to help get new plants established quickly. It encourages the first white roots which search for the necessary minerals to provide the energy to develop the secondary root system, which will go on to sustain the plant in years to come.
2. Coco husk chips to retain moisture, air and nutrients around the roots, particularly when heavy demand is made by the plant at fruiting time.
3. Heat-treated rice husks for excellent drainage. Whilst top fruit likes to be kept lightly moist in the growing season, they do not tolerate soggy soil. So good drainage is essential. Rice husks are widely accepted by commercial growers to be a suitable organic alternative to inorganic Perlite.
6. Organic slow release fertilizer.
Frequently asked question: How much is a litre?
The easiest way to explain it is by means of an every day household jug.
A jug will hold about 1 litre as shown in the image above.
So 5 litres will be about 5 jugs full.
We look forward to serving you.
The E-Coco Team
- Brand: E-Coco Products UK